Dog Wheelchair

I just try and cherish every day I have with Gavin. I am so thankful I have had him to get me through all the COVID isolation since I live alone. He has kept me sane, and kept me getting out to walk him in his stroller. He always gets up to great me when I come home from work, eager for some loves (and his dinner). And this morning he has had to go chase away squireels from his backyard twice :) We can see them from inside when they are on the fence in a certain location, and off Gavin goes to bark at them.

What a special guy.....with an important role in your life.
 
I am amazed at how well he is doing, all things considered. He will be 15 come Christmas, and has been walking on 3 and 1/4 legs for 3 years. I do sometimes think of having him use his wheelchair with his legs up like they have paralyzed dogs do, if only because it might be easier for him to play at the beach without having the awkwardness of his bad leg getting in the way. But then I revert to the idea of it being good to use that bad legs as much as possible....

He still comes up and visits me at night on my bed on cooler nights (we have had some late heat waves here in Nor Cal this year) which always warms my heart.

He doesn't follow me around the house quite as much as he used to, but it is hard to quantify. Mostly, I can go to the bathroom in the evenings and get back to the living room without him checking up on me more often now whereas before he would come find me if I was gone for more than 30 seconds. In the mornings he follows me more becuase he is waiting for his breakfast.

He still loves his belly rubs and getting his back/bum rubbed. He will stretch out his legs (good and bad) when I do that.

And in the evenings, he usually goes to bed in my bedroom around 9PM, and comes back out to the living toom to remind me to go to bed around 9:30. Always makes me smile, the old man coming out to tell me to go bed :)

I'm so pleased to read how well you two are doing. Gavin is such a special Sheltie and you are just perfect together :hugs
 
What I wouldn’t have given for one more year, month, week, day, hour, or second to have spent with my dear Mr. Chance!

Cherishing Gavin allows me to live vicariously though you both! Thank you for your posts! I remember fondly how much Mr Chance loved his stroller rides! :hugs
 
I love my little old man :)
We have been together 14 and a half years now.....and I am determined to enjoy his sunset years as much as possible.
He is perking up with the cooler weather so I think we may have to get some more exercise in.
 
My guys have definitely been perking up with the cooler weather (we got our first snow almost a week ago). Much colder than normal (32 F or colder during the day) but the dogs love it. Not much snow left but they'll try to eat as much as they can lol.
 
Gavin has been incredibly perky this week.
He was in the bathroom licking me legs after my shower this morning. he hasn't done this in months-year as he is usually not waiting for me to get out of the shower.
He ran to my neighbors last night for a treat, and then continued running into her house!
I think it's the cool weather!
 
So we had a week of normal fall weather and now this weekend is supposed to be in the 80's again! :mad1: Trying to do my fall planting but when it's that hot the pansies and snaps start wilting right away. Stupid weather. Anyway, glad to hear Gavin has perked up like that! My guys definitely like it cooler.
 
Back
Top