Dog Wheelchair

finally got out. not our usual beach since that one is closed due to fires/smoke. This beach is directly on the ocean, so the waves can definitely tip Gavin over so it isn't as much fun. And with my trek back to parking I can't let my shoes get wet or I would be miserable. But Gavin was loving it regardless, even if I make him wait for the waves to cover his little paws. He wants to run out in the water, but this is not the safe little harbour we normally go to.
air quality has been awful for about 2 weeks now.
where we went was very foggy and cool. Not too many people. I don't normally take Gavin down to the beach from the bluffs, but he dragged me down the very steep sandy path (all soft sand, btw. I had to pull him back up. was quite a workout, the things we do for our pups)
 

Attachments

  • 62049934366__446CB597-D5DE-4996-A3E3-B4AF6AA1AB93.JPG
    62049934366__446CB597-D5DE-4996-A3E3-B4AF6AA1AB93.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6982.jpg
    IMG_6982.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 9
finally got out. not our usual beach since that one is closed due to fires/smoke. This beach is directly on the ocean, so the waves can definitely tip Gavin over so it isn't as much fun. And with my trek back to parking I can't let my shoes get wet or I would be miserable. But Gavin was loving it regardless, even if I make him wait for the waves to cover his little paws. He wants to run out in the water, but this is not the safe little harbour we normally go to.
air quality has been awful for about 2 weeks now.
where we went was very foggy and cool. Not too many people. I don't normally take Gavin down to the beach from the bluffs, but he dragged me down the very steep sandy path (all soft sand, btw. I had to pull him back up. was quite a workout, the things we do for our pups)
You GO Gavin! He is certainly our Energizer Sheltie when he has the opportunity to go to the beach! Gotta love him!
Indeed, What we do for our precious shelties! Their needs always come before ours! Just LOVE that mahogany coat!!! Virtual hugs and kisses to our sweet Gavin!
 
I swear he smells the sea! since he can't hear it.
It is definitely a slog to the beach on soft sand but he didn't mind. I figured he would stop after the first bend but he kept going (I was not leading him, I try and let him lead the way as much as I can). and he was barking a bit, too. I just couldn't take a video since my presence is required to keep him from getting into trouble with the waves.
This beach is also much more sloped (no gentle beaches here!) as opposed to the bay we usually go to.
I normally wear galoshes so I can go out with him in the bay, but this beach is more unpredictable and I wasn't planning to even go down to the beach.
maybe I will try again with galoshes and see if we can get a tad more adventurous.
 
With all he's been through...we are on bonus time so I intend to make the most of it.
I am so incredibly lucky to have him through this pandemic.
I thought I would be lucky to get him to 15 once he got 2 different cancers at 10.
That will be in 4 months and he shows no signs of slowing down appreciably.
 
Wow...that's one amazing boy! Hard to believe he's going to be 15!
Beautiful pictures of Gavin at the beach, sounds like that must be his favourite place to go!
 
yep..Bonus time...like extra innings or overtime.
It's all about the happy bits and the snuggles.
Last night he came up on the bed to visit, which always makes me happy.
He can still manage the ramps :) I always worry about him loosing the strength to do that.
and now he always comes up on 'his' pillow now.
 
Back
Top