Riley, sad news

I do admit that the doggie wheelchair is perfect for Gavin doing his business. He stands to pee and his hunch is less exaggerated for pooping.

the cheapie rear harness we have has some sort of metal inside the belly bad to go over the penis... seems pretty uncomfortable so I will remove it. Gavin is telling me it is bedtime so I must go!
 
I was looking at the help em up website last night and it shows how to adjust harness the first time. I'm going to see today if I've done it correctly by following their instructions. Don't know why I didn't think of it the first time.
 
I took Riley for a walk today, I figured he needed the stimulation (he gets more stroller walks than regular) and he was looking a bit depressed. We did about a block and a half, very slow )he varied his pace, at first fast but quickly slowed down) but steady. There's a garden market every Thursday morning less than a block away and he loved sniffing people and even met a pug who was quite friendly (I left the other two at home). He loved it! I'll try to get him out every day if only to sniff the grass!

 
It certainly perked him up! He's got much more vigor since I started him on the CBD oil so not a lot of pain. I honestly don't know if he's in any pain, certainly he has difficulty getting up off the floor and stairs are a struggle but he doesn't LOOK like he's in pain. I totally credit the CBD oil, before, even with the full dose of Metacam and Gabapentin he was suffering, even the vet saw it on our last visit. He still carries his tail super low and doesn't arch his back when he poops but I think that's from the nerves being affected.
Yesterday when I was leaving for work I couldn't find my keys so I was back and forth coming into the house. Riley was sooo mad at me (he doesn't like it when I leave as it is) and barking at me! Aside from his balance issues (he falls on his butt if he tries to jump on me) you wouldn't have thought anything was wrong with him.
 
Back
Top